Could you add support for the new synth types in the Photosynth 2014 Technical Preview?

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM
The new Photosynth Technical Preview hosts four new synth subtypes: Spins, Walls, Walks, and Panoramas (not stitched cube panos, though)

I'm sure you've seen them listed in the Photosynth WebService for some months now.

I was hoping that you could add support to download point clouds, camera positions, + photo depth maps from these new synths to view in MeshLab etc.

Henri Astre who is now working on Photosynth writing the WebGL viewer, reports that (at least for now) any existing synth which is converted to the new format will not have a point cloud, for what it's worth.

If you could adapt Henri's photo downloader from PhotosynthToolkit to work with the new synths as well, that would be excellent.

There are also a few other interesting artifacts such as a video preview for those who cannot run WebGL that would be great to be able to optionally save.
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Hi Nate,

the features you mentioned would certainly be nice to have in the exporter but I'm afraid I currently do not have the time to experiment much with Photosynth. Maybe sometime early next year I can take a closer look.
Dec 15, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Christoph.

Thankfully the exporter seems to still work with synths created with the original desktop synther.
I hope whatever you're working on meets with success and that you get some good rest over the holidays.